rsstodolist is an URL oriented to-read-list based on an RSS XML feed. Typical use case is to save web pages to read later on a RSS feed.
💻 Self-hosting for more privacy & reliability
That service is public and « open », meaning anyone knowing your feed name may see your items, add or remove them.
Also, that service is hosted via hobby plan on fly.io with some limitations.
So, for more reliability and privacy, I strongly suggest you to self-host that application (see related projects below).
➕ Add an URL to your feed
1. By using that form :
2. By calling an URL :
- By default, the feed title will be fetched from the web page title. You may force it by using the "&title" parameter.
- Also, by default, your feed will contain 25 items. You can change that by setting "&limit" parameter from 1 to 500.
- A description for the link may be added by using the "description" parameter
- You may also use short parameters like "n" for "name", "u" for "url", "t" for "title", "l" for "limit" or "d" for "description" like that : https://rsstodolist.eu/add?n=somename&u=https://fr.wikipedia.org/
3. By using that bookmarklet :
Create a new bookmarklet and paste the following code in the URL field :
Then, clicking on that bookmark will add current page to the RSS feed.
4. By using an extension :
A Firefox addon and Chrome extension are available. It will use public instance by default but you can configure your self-host instance in options.
📃 Get your feed :
https://rsstodolist.eu/?name=somename or https://rsstodolist.eu/?n=somename
➖ Remove an URL from your feed
By calling an URL :
Please contact me via paulgreg.me.
ℹ️ Related projects and source code
- rsstodolist-node-server : source code for that nodejs version that you can self-host (can be run via docker)
- rsstodolist-django-server : a python/django version that you can self-host (not maintained anymore)
- rsstodolist-addon : extension source code for Chrome extension and Firefox addon
- rsstodolist-react-native : a react-native application for Android